Friday, May 22, 2009

Sending Birthday Love! Happy Birthday Abel, Adriane, Mom, and Carl!

Here is a little tribute to all the family that have B-days in May. Love you guys.

Dear Carlito,
Did you know you are the BEST big brother in the whole wide world? I don't think you do, that's why I need to tell you. There are many fond memories of my life growing up with you, we are so close in age I don't remember a time with out you being there. Riding bikes at high speeds down our hill on Pleasant Street, going out trick or treating together, blowing things up on the 4th of July, swimming in our back yard pool, working at the store, driving to seminary (at awesomely top speeds I might add). I don't remember you ever being mean to me, only watchful and making sure I was ok. Your family is so lucky to have a husband/Dad like you. You are a One in a Million type of fellow. I wish we were able to live close to each other and celebrate special days like today together. I hope you have a TERRIFIC B-DAY! Thanks again bro. you're the BEST and I love you lots!

Dear Mumzie,
Just recently I have hit my limit on how much I think I can take on in life. I have almost buckled under the pressure and it stinks. Then I remember all the times that even though you had tremendous life pressure you still cooked and cleaned and took me to Ballet and violin schtuff. You sewed me dresses and encouraged me (and my granola girl self) to wear make up and be feminine. You even put together our elementary school year book a year or two (before there were home computers and PhotoShop!=crazy!) and taught me, Christina and Kim a dance routine to that Jet's song. How did you manage everything you did and still wake up looking happy and young and vibrant? Looks aside, you have climbed many mountains, many of which I have watched you do and I am greatful for your fortitude and endurance and your "keep on trucking" attitude. I need a little more of that determination I think.
Love you!


Dear Yo Adriane!
How has it been living in the glamorous Arizona Hillz? Why don't they make a show about that? I know I would watch that! Retro trailers, dirt roads, Smokey the Bear conferences--forget all those fashion mumbojumbo jobs--give me a real woman! And you my dear Adri are a real woman--I think since you were a little girl. You have always been an old soul (not to get confused with being old--you will always be young at heart). You are a listener, a get things done-er, and a no-nonsense gal. You are the only person I know who can move a whole house using a Geo Metro or was it the Neon? Thanks for coming out to help me with three of my four children and carrying my load at times. Thanks for listening to me being pathetic and annoying. Thanks for being a sweet little sister (who I feel like is WAY more mature than I am). You are one of a kind, who has lived a one of a kind life--and came out strong and able to tell about it I might add (need I remind you of the crazy dog from Ruskin?!). Love you always!


Dear Elder Abel,
I know you won't be able to read this for a couple of years but I'll write a tribute anyway. First off do you remember being a HORRIBLE little kid? Now I know you didn't mean to be horrible and granted I was a teenager and not a respector of little kids and their growing up, but you did pick my lock to my room at age 5 or 6 with a steak knife and when I tried to grab the knife from you, it did sort of slice my hand open and you did hit me quite a few times (at the age of 5 or 6 again) and well I guess I did yell at you and tell you to shut up too many times (so maybe those kid slaps were well deserved). However somehow you out grew all of the little kid-tormentor-ness and turned out to be a FINE young man. So fine that I think you may be the best Missionary out in the field-granted I am a little biased. However you are strong and diligent and have gone through more obstacles in life than I have gone through in a life time(I have one word for you MICE!). Yet you still made sure your little brothers were saying their prayers and going to church. You still taught them the fine art of listening to you (minus the slapping--see you are better than me still). And lastly you did let me eat an apple in your Jetta (because I had BAD morning sickness)--thank you again for that. My prayer is that the Lord blesses you continually and that you keep working hard to be the best you can be. Love you.

Now we all can't get together and have Cake and Spaghetti however I do have a little treat. If your B-day ever get's you down remember don't ever give up. To remember this principle here is a video that will CEMENT it in your mind forever!

5 comments:

Adriane said...

I LUVS IT!!

Tanks for the happity birfday sis!!

Now the pressure is on for me to think of sump-ting great for those fall birfdays....

Laters-Adri

Shannon said...

I had no idea it was all their birthdays, what a great cousin I am. I totally remember your mom dancing to the Jets song. I got to see Adrian the day of her birthday so that was nice although, once again, I am horrible cuz I didn't know it, she had to tell me. Happy Birthday to all you Cousins/Aunt!

julie said...

you are so sweet! and we used to call them mishcanaries too -- a blast from the past.

everything pink! said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. i really needed to hear that.

everything pink! said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. i really needed to hear that.