Saturday, May 16, 2009
Leah's Baptism
We had a beautiful baptism today. Precious little Leah has waited so long for today to come. It is almost two months since she turned 8, but Derek was not able to walk back then, so it all works out that we waited this long.
I wish I could say that all that extra time helped us to be even more prepared for today, but I was calling family last minute to tell them the time and place and asking them to speak and I even had to play piano --and no I don't play piano--it was piano minus the bass.
I was feeling like a pretty lousy parent last night whilst I tried to put together the program. I already knew I was being a complete cheese-ball and by calling people last minute for one of the most special events in my daughters life. Thankfully I came across someone's video they made for teaching the principle of baptism. The song was so pretty, it's called "When Heaven Looks Down on You". So at around midnight last night I decided magnify my "Mommy" calling a little and put a little more effort into my daughter's special day, ahem I stayed up till two trying to splice this video together. Derek put the finishing touches on it (because I completely useless with computers and didn't know our photos were on our external hard drive-so that is what that thing is...hmmm).
I think Leah felt special watching the video and I know the children in attendance enjoyed it as well as our family and friends. The true blessing for me was watching our life captured in pictures and realizing all of the simple pleasures my children and Derek and I have shared over the past years. I had a little remembrance of what was so important in my life and I have to admit I was teary eyed as I tried to put pictures to music. Here it is and we are so proud of our sweet little "perfect" girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Bellisima!! I totally fell for the dramatic, cheese-ball music...
Leah is such a beautiful girl--inside and out. I am glad you guys had a wonderful day.
As a side note, I love the shot of the kids at the cut-out monkey board...X cracks me up!!
Oooppps!! Didn't mean to call the music "cheese-ball"...I kind of read that out of context, he, he :)
What a beautiful girl. You are a great mom. I'm sure she feels very loved:)
Oh Bucky!! that was beautiful!! I am not evn fudging when I say, yes, I shed a tear... being a Mom makes you such a softy!!
I know you are Super Mom. It's just who you are. You are full of love, and I know that about you. And you always have The FOUNTAIN of Love (y'know, the Divine One!!) at your disposal, when you feel your own stores waning. :)
I wish I could observe you. You have no idea how much I would love for my family to have the chance to chill with your family for at least a little bit...
Miss you, Girl. You are truly a diamond of a person.
(does that mean you are made of gas? well, I guess it does, but don't look at it that way... or maybe so... I guess it works on a couple levels, eh? hehe)
what! how can she be old enough yet? i can't believe how the time has flown since you guys moved. we have said so often how we have missed having you for neighbors.
Post a Comment