What are your dreams and goals for 2008? What are you thinking about right now as we plunge into the new year?
Isn't this an awesome mug? It has an M on the other side and says, "M" is for Mom, not maid. Ha! I was feeling sooo sick the other morning and while the kids were getting ready for school, I asked S to get me a cup of ice water. She came back all smiles with this mug. It is now my bedside table mug and it speaks volumes to the predicament I find myself in right now. I've plunged into the new year definitely a Mom and definitely NOT a maid. My house is proof of that.
I've realized that I am entering a new stage of Motherhood. One where my kids are growing up, doing things, I mean wanting to do things on their own. The older two get themselves ready in the morning for school, they come home and have homework and things they want to accomplish. It's odd. I am no longer the beginning and end in their lives, in many ways I'm no longer their "Maid", they are becoming pretty self efficient. S brought up the point that in two years she could babysit for me. Yikes!
Well my goals for the year follow the same sentiment as the predicament I find myself in. I yearn to do as President Gordon B. Hinkley admonished us to do, to "Stand a little taller". I want to be able to grow as my kids grow, to keep my goals always a little higher than where I am at today. So next year I can say that I love and feel closer to my husband and children more than I did last year. To have a smile on my face as I recall memories of the previous year. I want to just be a better person, for myself, my family, and my friends and community. I don't want to be "the maid" infact it makes me think of the story of Mary and Martha. Martha was so busy doing all the preparation and cleaning that she missed all the teaching that was going on by the Savior. That said, I know it is important to have a clean and orderly life, it's just I don't want to over complicate my life with "maid-like" tasks that will make me miss the purpose of why I'm here. Here's hoping that 2008 will be Grrreat!

11 comments:
Congratulations! How far along are you? I loved the post about your friend who has the lunch eatery. How I would love that.
I'm still in my first trimester. Only like 2 going on 3 months now. This is the "hard" part for me. Everything else getting big, labor doesn't bother me. I think if you had an eatery (based on all you posts about your garden) it would be so fresh and delicious :)
enjoy all of the moments of *mom*ness in 2008!!
AMEN Katherine!!! You have given me inspiration for 2008 - I love your resolutions. I wasn't goign to make any, but I stand corrected. Stand a little taller. A big job for me :P
I am glad you are back. . . maybe you can get me in the mood!
All of your goals sound the same as mine. Which is part of the reason I haven't been too into the blogging right now. I can get lost in it, and then all of the important things I should have done that day slip away!
I need to get a schedule down and organize myself and then maybe I can feel a little more at peace!
I wish I was around to help you out. Being sick is really the worst part!! I have it the whole nine months!!!!
I can't believe the girls are that old. It has been too long since I have seen you guys.
It has been too long since I have seen you too. It looks like we are on the same wave length. I wish we were closer to help each other out.
I remember that day when Kai was little and you came over and my house was a disaster. And you just got in there and helped clean Leina's room. That meant so much to me. You are a great friend!
Wow! I think we're on the same page as far as the Mom not a maid goes. My standard of clean has gone way down with four kids. Luckily living in a messy house doesn't bother me too much, and it also makes me realize the kids could be doing a lot more to help out. As one wise Ferris Bueller said, "Life moves pretty fast, and if you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it."
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you! Are you hoping for a boy?
of course we are sooo wanting a boy! but we'll be happy if it's a girl too :)
congratulations! how wonderful! take care of and pamper yourself during this "hard time." i know your family will be good to you. and amen that M is not for maid! i totally agree about letting the kids do more for themselves. it's nice cuz Nathaniel is pretty self-sufficient, but the other two usually end up causing me more work when they try to fend for themselves. oh well, they have to learn! great to read your happenings again! you guys coming to provo anytime soon?
Hey! I'm getting ready to mail your prize, but I can't find your address. Can you email it to me?
ewok84606@yahoo.com
Thanks!
Post a Comment