
Well truth is the day of relaxation and "fun in the sun" took place over the past 4 days and they were amazing! These special treats do need special occassions however. I think Derek and I's 10th anniversary is reason enough to leave the kids with Grandma for 4 days and have a marvelous and joy filled vacation in Sanibel Island, Florida. Just the two of us. It was refreshing and wonderful to be with the one you love and realize, how much you really LOVE them.

Ahhh...It was like ten years ago, except better. I think we know one another better and enjoy those special quirks that drove each other crazy oh, for the first few years.
It was as if we were kids again, except for the fact that we are wiser and way more grateful for every little thing we got to do together.
We biked like mad, crazy, lunatics all over that island. By day two my legs were so sore (I think we biked 20 miles that day and I'm not kidding), yet it was so worth it.
We saw...

Gators!!

Dolphins carrying mailboxes?

Thousands and thousands of shells!

Snakes--eek!

Beautiful sunsets :)
We saw exotic birds, exotic flowers, even a jumping fish and a shark (wish we snapped a picture of the shark--yikes!)
but best of all and most importantly we saw.....
a lotof just us!
Happy 10th Anniversary!!

9 comments:
I am smiling. How wonderful for you.
looks like fun! you are so HOT on that bike!
Congratulations on ten years! What a great retreat for you both. The pictures are great. You guys are great!
Yay for Bucky and Derek and yay for vacations!!! I'm so happy for you both! How awesome. I too am smiling. They are great pictures. Also- I miss you!
How fun! I can't believe it's really been that long. You guys look so happy. . . so I guess you weren't in AZ, but somewhere even better!!!
Happy DECADE!!!!! Woo hoo! Congrats! It looks like you had lots of fun. I, am smiling for the fun you had! I am so glad you were able to relax!
OH how fun!!!!!! 10 years, that is wonderful :)
What a fun break! I love that dolphin mailbox. Way to go with the ten years, I'm sure you have so much to show for it!
I'm sure you enjoyed every second! I can't believe you've been married 10 years. You'll always be 19 in my mind. It doesn't hurt that you still look 19 too.
Post a Comment