Thursday, January 18, 2007

Making a Personalized Header

This post is for Emily.
Sorry it's taken so long, I was in AZ helping my Dad with his business and for some reason I couldn't log onto my blog. Anyway here is how to post a new header and make changes to the blog.
****By the way I read your blog too and we LOVE the chocolate marshmellow cookies!

First I designed my new header with photoshop type software (making sure the dimensions would fit on my blog--it tells you in the template how big the header they create for you is. It's also listed below in the examples I pasted in. Although you can just use it as guidelines to what you want to do). Next you need to upload that picture to the web. I used a website we have, you can also use accounts that keep photos for you on the web. Cut the web address to the photo link, it should look something like
http://www.dappledapple.com/images/eyedapple.jpg

Then go to the template portion of your dashboard (where you make changes to your links).
Scroll down to a place that looks like



then paste your web link to your photo into the src=" " part of the template code. Then try it out. When Idid this I messed it up a few times (by pasting it to the wrong part) so, I'd just go back and put on the old blogger template I was using then try again.

I hope that is helpful and sorry it took so long to post.

Also if that doesn't seem to work, then I'll get my husband to write something more clear cut, he's our computer guru around here and helped me with it.

On a side note if you want to change the look of your side bar (I did this with my links, profile, archives, etc. )

Then do the same steps as above, just find the same place you add a link. It should look like this when you change the look of the "links".






scroll down to the archive part and put in the source for that, etc. then publish.

Hope that is helpful.

Ciao!

6 comments:

Emily C said...

Katherine! I was so excited to see this post, I've always wondered, but never knew who to ask. Hopefully I can find some time soon to create a new header. Thanks for the instructions!

Emily C said...

Hey Katherine,

I have a quesiton about how to implement the image URL into the code?

I tried submitting it in th ecomment section but it doesn't allow "codey" kind of these in teh comments...

can i email you the quesiton?

tiarefleur said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tiarefleur said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
katherine said...

Do you have the brand new blogger? My sister just started a blog and we went to her template area and it was completely different than mine. Is that the case with you? I just went there now and I think if you click the tab that says edit html then you can paste in the code. Feel free to email me, I'd rather not put my email on the comments, but Jessica has my email address. Email me and I'll try to answer your questions.

Emily C said...

yes i have the new blogger template - i will get email address from jessica. thanks!