
10. The first time I met her she had a big smile on her face--just like in the picture. Some things NEVER change.
9. Having her in Orchestra (or Dorkestra as I have called it through out my musical career) made things joyous. Field trips down town wouldn't have been the same without her.
Also the gig in Indiana was super fun too. It was like a giggle fest with some bike riding in between.
8. She plays the violin beautifully--especially her fiddling. I hope more people get to partake of her special talent.
7. She has helped me feel faith in the Lord through the way she acts and pays gratitude to the Lord.
6. Her house in KCK was so wonderful to stay at and I will always remember being brought cinnamon toast and hot cocoa for breakfast.
5. Her giggle is infectious.
4. It was nice to have a friend in high school who was just as naive as me (we were probably the only two people at Paseo who actually didn't partake in HALF of the hoodlum stuff going on--although you were always much better than me--I did have a skipping school problem and if I remember correctly you did not.
3. She is a fantastic writer and her blog is exquisite. I wish I had just a smidge of your writing prowess.
2. I sometimes like you just for your attempt at jumping over the gorge or whatever that was at Rebekka's land--you know the day we saw the beaver dam. I still remember you almost making it and just barely missing, holding onto the edge of the grass as if it were some 007 movie begging for us to save you. Am I remembering this correctly??
1. And last but not least, I like you for your pure heart and your joyous spirit. It's rare to find someone as pure and honest and kind as you.
Here's to your Birthday! Have a Happy Day--or Week. Heck by the time you become a Mom you almost need a week to celebrate!
4 comments:
ok ok... I'm crying, I admit it... I'm having to blink and tilt my head down to type this as if I were wearing bifocals... how did you do all that to me, Katherine??
Thank you sooo much. That was way better than that old stinky cake...
It was hard NOT to have a skipping problem at Paseo, really. I was naive, that is correct, frighteningly so, but I did skip, but it was mostly Joe's fault!
You are SOOO remembering the gorge incident correctly. Might I add to that Rebekka's and your complete USELESSNESS at HELPing me, as you were both doubled over on the ground laughing yourselves breathless, while the grass supply was quickly running out as it was RIPPING out and I was sliding into the stream with no salvation in sight.
A beautiful memory. I'm so excited to hear it is not being stored in my head alone. :)
I'm also glad to hear my smile warms your heart... that's not everyone's response! Many have asked me, not so kindly often, to remove that repellent grin from my face, insisting that I must be stupid or ignorant somehow to be that happy all the time. (they're just jealous!)
Thanks again, Friend. That all means a lot. More than you know.
What a great tribute to a friend. So where are you moving? I need all the details. Wish I could come over and help you pack!
Jenny I'm glad you enjoyed the Top ten list, I enjoyed writing it. Sorry about falling to the ground in laughter when you REALLY needed help. Reading your description made me laugh all over again.
Elizabeth you are TOO nice! I still owe you BIG time for all you did for me when I moved from Provo. Just reading your blog helps me relax and think of better things like walking on the beach rather than sifting through all of our things!
Post a Comment