Ok I'll admit it, I browse the "links" columns of my friend's blogs and read about perfect strangers. Their lives seem so interesting (and crafty--my goodness!), I just can't help my self. So I've been reading some of the "100s" and I thought, "I don't even know if I could come up with 100 "me" statements". So it became a challenge really, just to see if I could muster up that many descriptors of myself. So, here's the attempt. It was easier to do than I thought. Who knew I could be so self indulgent?
100 Things that make me ME

1. I don't mind a good fart joke.
100 Things that make me ME

1. I don't mind a good fart joke.
2. I like to moon walk after I throw a bowling ball (just found that out last week)
3. I like to make my kids giggle (usually by acting like a hillbilly)
4. I like to laugh—especially at people in spandex
5. I can get pretty worked up over small things if I haven’t had enough sleep
6. I get anxious and useless when I’m stressed out
7. I love, LOVE the movie Lagaan. Everyone should have to watch it at least once it their life.
8. I am opinionated inwardly—hoping that it doesn’t leak out too often
9. Have a hard time sitting still and working on one project at a time
10. I just realized that I adore soft, chintzy, furry slippers (this is a miracle seeing how I grew up with barefoot/sandal wearing folk).
11. I enjoy swimming year round
12. Mr. Darcy always has a special place in my heart, Elizabeth too!
13. I usually hate books turned into movies—I am too critical about this, that or the other.
14. I love food—it used to be any kind of food as long as I didn’t make it, but lately I’ve refined my tastebuds and enjoy Godiva chocolates, fresh pita bread, Indian cuisine and sweet yummy cherries (drool, drool).
15. I don’t mind having a house full of people, in fact I think I operate better that way.
16. I like cleaning up after church functions (what’s wrong with me???).
17. I love doing impersonations with my Mom especially of people we know and of celebrities—my Mom’s Elvis impersonation is to die for.
18. I daydream about houses, paint color, and gardening.
19. I like to do karate chops and dance like an idiot.

20. I grew up loving—Parker Lewis Can't Loose, The Adventures of Pete and Pete, You Can’t Do That on Television, Wren and Stimpy (Log, log, log), Star Trek the Next Generation, BBC—Fawlty Towers, Monty Python, Keeping Up Apperances, Mystery (Sherlock Holmes—my fav.), Masterpiece Theatre (Tale of Two Cities—my fav.).
21. Love Karate Kid I—Daniel-san also has a fond place in my heart, Mr. Miagi too.
22. Favorite cartoon growing up—Gummy Bears (I know it's a let down right? No cool cartoon like speed racer or thundercats or even smurfs), the theme song used to make me tear up (bouncing here and there and everywhere...).
23. I like ecclectic decorating---artsy fartsy style if you will.
24. I once sat in on an "invitation only" workshop, consisting of YoYo Ma giving one on one cello instruction to my friend Angela, wondering if he’d notice me in the third row—I know I’m delusional.
3. I like to make my kids giggle (usually by acting like a hillbilly)
4. I like to laugh—especially at people in spandex
5. I can get pretty worked up over small things if I haven’t had enough sleep
6. I get anxious and useless when I’m stressed out
7. I love, LOVE the movie Lagaan. Everyone should have to watch it at least once it their life.
8. I am opinionated inwardly—hoping that it doesn’t leak out too often
9. Have a hard time sitting still and working on one project at a time
10. I just realized that I adore soft, chintzy, furry slippers (this is a miracle seeing how I grew up with barefoot/sandal wearing folk).
11. I enjoy swimming year round
12. Mr. Darcy always has a special place in my heart, Elizabeth too!
13. I usually hate books turned into movies—I am too critical about this, that or the other.
14. I love food—it used to be any kind of food as long as I didn’t make it, but lately I’ve refined my tastebuds and enjoy Godiva chocolates, fresh pita bread, Indian cuisine and sweet yummy cherries (drool, drool).
15. I don’t mind having a house full of people, in fact I think I operate better that way.
16. I like cleaning up after church functions (what’s wrong with me???).
17. I love doing impersonations with my Mom especially of people we know and of celebrities—my Mom’s Elvis impersonation is to die for.
18. I daydream about houses, paint color, and gardening.
19. I like to do karate chops and dance like an idiot.

20. I grew up loving—Parker Lewis Can't Loose, The Adventures of Pete and Pete, You Can’t Do That on Television, Wren and Stimpy (Log, log, log), Star Trek the Next Generation, BBC—Fawlty Towers, Monty Python, Keeping Up Apperances, Mystery (Sherlock Holmes—my fav.), Masterpiece Theatre (Tale of Two Cities—my fav.).
21. Love Karate Kid I—Daniel-san also has a fond place in my heart, Mr. Miagi too.
22. Favorite cartoon growing up—Gummy Bears (I know it's a let down right? No cool cartoon like speed racer or thundercats or even smurfs), the theme song used to make me tear up (bouncing here and there and everywhere...).
23. I like ecclectic decorating---artsy fartsy style if you will.
24. I once sat in on an "invitation only" workshop, consisting of YoYo Ma giving one on one cello instruction to my friend Angela, wondering if he’d notice me in the third row—I know I’m delusional.
25. I got to do security for a U2 concert and was a little disappointed that Bono was shorter than me---only disappointed for a split second though, I also wore a tuxedo shirt thinking I would look different and cool and perhaps earn the respect of U2--truly living in my own head right?
26. I Love my husband, cause he makes me laugh and he does outrageous things like put me over his shoulder and spin me to the point of dizziness and not so outrageous things like let me sleep in when I'm tired.
27. Love my kids because….a. S brings excitement into our home
28. b. L brings beauty and color into our home
29. and c. X makes us laugh like hyenas or FOBs which is pretty much the same thing.
27. Love my kids because….a. S brings excitement into our home
28. b. L brings beauty and color into our home
29. and c. X makes us laugh like hyenas or FOBs which is pretty much the same thing.
30. I like my heritage on both sides. Proud of being Maori, Samoan, and German, English, French, Chinese, etc., etc. On my Heinz 57 mix from my Polynesian side..isn't it weird that for some reason when you have family that lives on tiny islands, some how the world just comes to them.
31. I like my body (and that is saying volumes people).
32. I like to read gossip magazine covers (and sometimes articles) when the line in the grocery store is moving slowly.
33. I like animals, but am afraid of 85% of God’s creations
34. I would love to travel around the world.
35. I would love to be a senior missionary anywhere in the world (when I am a senior that is)
36. I often miss the past terribly and get emotional and choked up thinking about this person, this place, this school, that bike trip with friends and jumping into Lake Jacomo---ahhhh freedom to jump into a disgusting lake, nice.
37. Love the show Ugly Betty---speaking of which I had my brothers calling me to ask if I watch the show. Here's the dialogue...
31. I like my body (and that is saying volumes people).
32. I like to read gossip magazine covers (and sometimes articles) when the line in the grocery store is moving slowly.
33. I like animals, but am afraid of 85% of God’s creations
34. I would love to travel around the world.
35. I would love to be a senior missionary anywhere in the world (when I am a senior that is)
36. I often miss the past terribly and get emotional and choked up thinking about this person, this place, this school, that bike trip with friends and jumping into Lake Jacomo---ahhhh freedom to jump into a disgusting lake, nice.
37. Love the show Ugly Betty---speaking of which I had my brothers calling me to ask if I watch the show. Here's the dialogue...
“Why would you call to know if I watched some show?” I asked. “Oh no reason,” they responded guiltily. “YOU THINK I LOOK LIKE UGLY BETTY DON’T YOU?,” I accuse. “No--(enter my Mom's voice in the background)...it’s not so much you look like her, but that you have the same sweet heart.” Hmmmm…. interesting, nice save Mom. I don’t know about having the sweet heart, but I did find Derek laughing after an Ugly Betty commercial and I asked him what was so funny and he said, “There’s this show and the girl looks just like you.” Fast forward...Saw the show, love it, and sadly I’d have to agree with them. She looks an awful lot like my Jr. High School photos. Nice.

38. I talk too much when I am nervous or feel embarrassed for myself or someone else.
39. I never sleep enough.
40. I always eat too much.
41. I always want to sleep more and eat less.
42. I have conversations with myself daily, sometimes quietly in my head, sometimes out loud in the car, sometimes in a British accent (and why am I admitting this?)
43. I’ve embarrassed myself more times than I can count.
44. I love making friends but I get shy and inarticulate when I join conversations.
45. I over analyze my children’s emotions.
46. I can’t multiply worth a darn.
47. I almost flunked out of Physical Science 101 twice, thank goodness for hard working Slovakian friends that make it their life’s duty to tutor me.
48. I like to be silly but often question my actions before I fall asleep.
49. I have to give myself pep talks before I give talks in church or teach a lesson. You can pretty much bet I’m sitting up on the stage thinking, ”You can do this Bucky, they don’t know you from diddly squat. They won’t even care if you fumble words or cry your eyes out. Just take a deep breath and act like a General Authority.”
50. I sometimes feel like a caged Hamster in the winter time.
51. I sometimes feel like it was my life’s mission to change diapers and make food.
52. I was really naïve and made lots of dumb choices when I was younger,
Namely doing things that would get me kicked out of school (and I was kicked out, sophomore year Paseo Academy--long, stupid story), lie to my parents about what movie I was watching, who I was with, where I was going (I was always pretty good where ever I went, but I hope my kids don’t lie to me---I know, ain’t gonna happen---but my fingers are crossed.)
53. Favorite pranks as a child: Calling the Butt family and asking for Harry.

38. I talk too much when I am nervous or feel embarrassed for myself or someone else.
39. I never sleep enough.
40. I always eat too much.
41. I always want to sleep more and eat less.
42. I have conversations with myself daily, sometimes quietly in my head, sometimes out loud in the car, sometimes in a British accent (and why am I admitting this?)
43. I’ve embarrassed myself more times than I can count.
44. I love making friends but I get shy and inarticulate when I join conversations.
45. I over analyze my children’s emotions.
46. I can’t multiply worth a darn.
47. I almost flunked out of Physical Science 101 twice, thank goodness for hard working Slovakian friends that make it their life’s duty to tutor me.
48. I like to be silly but often question my actions before I fall asleep.
49. I have to give myself pep talks before I give talks in church or teach a lesson. You can pretty much bet I’m sitting up on the stage thinking, ”You can do this Bucky, they don’t know you from diddly squat. They won’t even care if you fumble words or cry your eyes out. Just take a deep breath and act like a General Authority.”
50. I sometimes feel like a caged Hamster in the winter time.
51. I sometimes feel like it was my life’s mission to change diapers and make food.
52. I was really naïve and made lots of dumb choices when I was younger,
Namely doing things that would get me kicked out of school (and I was kicked out, sophomore year Paseo Academy--long, stupid story), lie to my parents about what movie I was watching, who I was with, where I was going (I was always pretty good where ever I went, but I hope my kids don’t lie to me---I know, ain’t gonna happen---but my fingers are crossed.)
53. Favorite pranks as a child: Calling the Butt family and asking for Harry.
Saying to an innocent passerby, Hey dreamboat (when they look add), Not you Shipwreck!
54. Love Wonder Works and their version of Little Princess, I don’t care how cheesy the set is, or how sad the “real” story is. Their version kicks the newer version's butt!
55. Secretly wished I could have grown up on a farm in New Zealand, just like my Grandma.
56. In the past I always wanted to be cooler, more courageous, outgoing, straight forward, etc. etc. But now looking back I’m glad I was the way I was.
57. I like walking around my house like a gorilla.
58. I like doing cartwheels.
59. I love the mountains.
60. I love my Mother in law and aspire to be more like her.
61. I have wonderful parents, who weren’t perfect but whom I’ve never ever felt anything but love for. They are the best no matter what they think!
62. I don’t like nosey people.
63. I can be a little nosey.
64. I can’t stand messes.
65. Yet I am messy.
66. I love the scriptures
67. But have trouble reading them sometimes.
68. I like to write and have written a lot of small tid bit stuff, but as I said before I have a hard time sitting down and doing one thing at a time.
69. I love my grandparents and I think about them and what they must of felt like in their time, during my stage of life.
70. I love to sit back and relax, I wish it was a full time job!
55. Secretly wished I could have grown up on a farm in New Zealand, just like my Grandma.
56. In the past I always wanted to be cooler, more courageous, outgoing, straight forward, etc. etc. But now looking back I’m glad I was the way I was.
57. I like walking around my house like a gorilla.
58. I like doing cartwheels.
59. I love the mountains.
60. I love my Mother in law and aspire to be more like her.
61. I have wonderful parents, who weren’t perfect but whom I’ve never ever felt anything but love for. They are the best no matter what they think!
62. I don’t like nosey people.
63. I can be a little nosey.
64. I can’t stand messes.
65. Yet I am messy.
66. I love the scriptures
67. But have trouble reading them sometimes.
68. I like to write and have written a lot of small tid bit stuff, but as I said before I have a hard time sitting down and doing one thing at a time.
69. I love my grandparents and I think about them and what they must of felt like in their time, during my stage of life.
70. I love to sit back and relax, I wish it was a full time job!
71. If I was a super hero my name would be...Barefoot Momma and my superpowers would be having children close together and being able to feed them, dress them, pay attention to them and clean the house and look fabulous in lightning speed.
72. I have witnessed a squirrel being killed by a pistol in the basement of my Grandad’s garage.
73. Grandpa AhMu had great aim, but I do not. I once aimed at a bottle and shot a cow on my Uncle’s ranch.
74. I like rednecks- their funny, say things in a funny accent, and look funny(what's up with mullets and tight wranglers?).
75. While I like the redneck I'd never want the redneck to get upset at me as many of them own more guns than bottles of Bud.
76. I love education, but I’m most at home with people who don’t philosophize over what diving into a black hole actually feels like.
77. I am not a Madonna fan (She always makes me laugh with her weirdo leotard--ok I only saw it once on Yahoo or something and all I could think of is her trying to dance like that when she's 77 with brittle bones and saggy everything. There is a point people when one must hang up the towel on the party-girl mystique. (Unless you're Sophia Loren--who really isn't a party girl, but I wouldn't mind lookin like that when I'm 77!).
78. I am not a Britney Spears fan.
79. Contrary to my habits I do like reading and when I get the opportunity to read, I do. I am currently reading Nick Hornby's book, Long Way Down and enjoying it.
72. I have witnessed a squirrel being killed by a pistol in the basement of my Grandad’s garage.
73. Grandpa AhMu had great aim, but I do not. I once aimed at a bottle and shot a cow on my Uncle’s ranch.
74. I like rednecks- their funny, say things in a funny accent, and look funny(what's up with mullets and tight wranglers?).
75. While I like the redneck I'd never want the redneck to get upset at me as many of them own more guns than bottles of Bud.
76. I love education, but I’m most at home with people who don’t philosophize over what diving into a black hole actually feels like.
77. I am not a Madonna fan (She always makes me laugh with her weirdo leotard--ok I only saw it once on Yahoo or something and all I could think of is her trying to dance like that when she's 77 with brittle bones and saggy everything. There is a point people when one must hang up the towel on the party-girl mystique. (Unless you're Sophia Loren--who really isn't a party girl, but I wouldn't mind lookin like that when I'm 77!).
78. I am not a Britney Spears fan.
79. Contrary to my habits I do like reading and when I get the opportunity to read, I do. I am currently reading Nick Hornby's book, Long Way Down and enjoying it.
80. My favorite female singer is Imogen Heap, she reminds me of Anna Banana.
81. My favorite male singer is Pavarotti, I shed tears when he sang at the Olympics
81. My favorite male singer is Pavarotti, I shed tears when he sang at the Olympics
82. People like to speak to me in Spanish, even after I tell them I don’t speak Spanish.
83. I like canned fish and oysters.
84. I like fake crab used in a salad.
85. I love my brothers and my sisters dearly---I’d try my best to do what ever I can for them.
86. I love my brother and sisters in law dearly as well, ditto to numero ochenta y cinquo.
87. I have a love, hate relationship with my dog.
88. I have a love, hate relationship with video games.
89. My brother Flint, who has Downs Syndrome has taught me a lot about life and a lot about who we must of been in the pre-exsistence. He is my little sweetie and will always be.
83. I like canned fish and oysters.
84. I like fake crab used in a salad.
85. I love my brothers and my sisters dearly---I’d try my best to do what ever I can for them.
86. I love my brother and sisters in law dearly as well, ditto to numero ochenta y cinquo.
87. I have a love, hate relationship with my dog.
88. I have a love, hate relationship with video games.
89. My brother Flint, who has Downs Syndrome has taught me a lot about life and a lot about who we must of been in the pre-exsistence. He is my little sweetie and will always be.
90. I often realize the things I am doing wrong when I have a mental break down.
91. My stomach resembles cooked porridge that has been cooled down and clumped together (too much information I know)
92. I am amazed that this list got easier after the fifty first “me” statement.
93. I like to make me lists of 100 if it gets me out of doing housework—don’t worry I’ll blame the messy house on my kids.
94. I hate passing blame.
95. I hate passing gas.
96. I hate stink bombs, of which one was detonated just outside our door this afternoon by my numero uno party girl—S (Grandma's will by anything for the Grandkids, won't they?).
91. My stomach resembles cooked porridge that has been cooled down and clumped together (too much information I know)
92. I am amazed that this list got easier after the fifty first “me” statement.
93. I like to make me lists of 100 if it gets me out of doing housework—don’t worry I’ll blame the messy house on my kids.
94. I hate passing blame.
95. I hate passing gas.
96. I hate stink bombs, of which one was detonated just outside our door this afternoon by my numero uno party girl—S (Grandma's will by anything for the Grandkids, won't they?).
97. I think it is funny catching people picking their noses in their car.
98. I love the outdoors and feel most relaxed laying out on a blanket looking at a clear, blue sky.
98. I love the outdoors and feel most relaxed laying out on a blanket looking at a clear, blue sky.
99. I love the gospel and I will cry when I feel the spirit.
100. I love my Savior Jesus Christ!!!! La Iglesia es verdad!
100. I love my Savior Jesus Christ!!!! La Iglesia es verdad!
5 comments:
How funny we were writing our 100 lists at the same time.
I love your list, you crack me up.
I wish you were my neighbor!
i love it! i'm so glad you posted a list. i think its so interesting to read what people write. i think we all feel a little braver when we don't know (or care) who's reading our thoughts.
hi. i'm jessica's sister. i likes your list - i was entertained. that gummybear song has stuck with me for a long time! I can't believe that very random times in my life I start singing the them song, and don't know why I still know the words.
are you a graphic designer? how did you create and insert your header graphic? i want to make one of my own!
I enjoyed your comment about The Memory Keeper's Daughter on Jill's blog today. Thank you for the insights.
Also enjoyed your 100...I'm also guilty of reading the lists of many a stranger!
bucky, loved the list. i love fart jokes. even better is when it is a poop joke.
didn't know about paseo academy, but that makes sense why you just showed up one day at BSSHS.
Post a Comment