
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Wednesday!!
It's good to get back to a normal schedule and back to the gym (I swear I gained at least 5 pounds this Christmas, eek!). I just went to the YMCA today for one of my favorite classes, the Latin Dance class. It was so much fun and the teacher came back from Mexico with a lot of great new music we've never heard before. I thought I'd be a little clumsy coming back to class after not dancing for three weeks, but even though my sides hurt, I must of been in need of some "break it down" time, cause I didn't feel awkward at all.
We all went to KCMO for Christmas this year. I was having trouble feeling the Christmas spirit, maybe because I put off shopping till the last minute, but mostly because it was sooo warm. It felt more like Easter holiday than Christmas. However we had a great lesson by Bishop Pace in my Mom's ward. He focused on the phrase, "And they had no room in the inn." He asked us How we sometimes refuse to let Christ in our Inn--or our life, or heart, etc. Also how we turn away other people from taking part in the Gospel. I know I'm a softy (especially since having kids) but I wasn't the only one with weepy eyes. It really brought the spirit to the season.
Here's a few highlights of our holiday Party-Hartying!
Playing at the Crown Center Christmas Playground. It was so much fun. They had random things like trains, animals, tractors, pink cars, and dump trucks, but the kids loved it regardless of the brutal, chilling, winter wind (it may have been warm during the day, but watch out at night!)

There is even a fountain that does a rythmic fountain show, right next to the playland. Our kids were soooo crazy they saw teenagers running through the fountain and of course monkey does as monkey do, so they ran through the fountains. They were timing it pretty good. The fountain would be barely on so they wouldn't get wet. However after 5 minutes they became more excited and didn't wait for the fountains to go down--so they ran through it and got soaked! During super chilly wind too. They're crazy--actually we're crazy (or too tired) to let them play in it!--wish I had a picture of it.
Here they are waiting to rip open the packages. It's a family tradition to read the Nativity Story, so they waited very patiently until it was over so they could tear into the presents. I love my brothers face, I think the girls may have awoken us all a little too early. Also do you see X that is her favorite thing to wear, just a diaper. Maybe that is why she doesn't want to potty train. It's her favorite outfit! I think she would have done well growing up in the jungle.So the kids each got pretty much the one thing they asked Santa for this Christmas--a Baby Alive, Build A Bear, and a My Little Pony Castle. They also got water colors and one clothing item each. Also a pair of Walmart Brand Crocs--S was way too excited to get those--it must be the trendy thing at Elementary Schools.
New Year's My Family came to visit us in Tulsa and it was all about playing games. Derek had so much fun having other males in the house (we smother him with girliness). So he and my brothers played hours of Yu-Gi-Oh, computer games and they even agreed to play a few games S and I made up (musical numbers and the name game). It was fun, we shot off some fireworks, ate too much, and laughed way too much (I was hoping to see my mom jump in the air and do her Elvis impersonation--I guess she only does that show at Christmas time--hehehe--wish I had video of that gem!). So over all I think we all enjoyed our night of saying farewell to the old and greetings to the new!
Here's evidence that the boys in the family played way too many games. Derek must have staged these photos of Mr. Sniper Spy playing a game of Yu-Gi-Oh with Mr. Penguin (cause I don't recall taking these photos).
2 comments:
What a great recap. Sounds like you had a great holiday.
Hey Kalani found the CD you made for my baby shower you threw. He rediscovered his love for Oingo Boingo. He said hey tell Bucky she had great taste in music. It is the current fave.
SOO Funny! I love the 'around the tree' picture! It is so telling! The still-a-little-stunned/groggy look on L, of course your bro holding on to dear life, the bruises on the girls' legs! Ha! And X amusing herself with an ornament or something... soooo funny... like being there... absolutely precious, every last detail. that pic tells the story. Also love the yugio setup- very humorous! Wish I could have visited KC this Christmas... can you imagine ANNA chasing your girls through the fountain?!?!? SHe would have been giggling herself right into hysterics. I need to get her to a city and soon so she doesn't experience the paralytic fear of them her father does!!! Yipes! That would be NOOOO good! Later Tater! I still need to catch you on the phone...
...patience, my pet.... :P
Post a Comment