Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day Fun

Today has been such a nice peaceful day. I took a three hour nap (I guess that was my father's day treat---Thanks Derek. This summer has been all about family and it is definitely nice to be with all of our family right now. I am so blessed to have wonderful family and friends in my life. We had a delicious dinner--fry bread, salads, watermelon, and bbq ribs (they got a little burnt--it was kinda funny). In honor of father's day I am going to write a Top Ten List of my favorite dadisms--this one's for Dad and Derek.

10. The way Dad makes you feel better when you tried hard and didn't do so great. ex. Like the time he was my basketball coach and I made a basket for the other team--afterwards he said I had a great shot and had great "potential" (thanks Dad).

9. The way Dad can pick up a kid throw them in the air and miraculously catch them. Except when the child jumps off a bed with out warning Dad and falls face first on the floor (Just greatful Leah recovered from her fall).

8. When Dad comes to town expect to eat out!--my favorite! Chinese was good Thanks!

7. The way every child and grandchild gets to be called Boo-Boo.

6. The way dad (Grandpa Ah Mu) can kill a squirell with one shot of the pistol--Wow that man had aim.

5. The way Dad says Meow before requesting something--Meow please get me a cookie? Meow what? --weird I know

4. I really love how Dads will take driving for hours and hours rather than keeping the kids entertained (I like the trade off!)

3. Love the way Grandpa always had a jar of candies just for the grandkids!

2. The way Dad seems to be able to watch TV even when it sounds like World War 3 in the house.

1. My most favorite things dad do or let you do to them-- when they fall asleep and the kiddos put makeup on his gorgeous, stubbled face--Wish I had the picture of that one!

To the dads in my life Love you all!


I don't have any picts of Dads but I couldn't help but post this picture of Abel, he looks like Popeye.

No comments: