Saturday, January 12, 2013

Living Up to the Name

It's no new news for anyone who really knows me that I'm an all or nothing person.  Whether it be cleaning, child rearing, school, studying, etc. I'll either give you 100% or I'll hang my head in shame and give you zilch.  It something I've never really liked about myself, but it's something I would like to correct.  And I guess there's no day like the present!
So my first challenge to myself this New Year's season is to record my life an inch at a time.
Here's to little bits going a long way and hopefully I'll have some sort of record of my life!


First tidbit of the New Year.  What better way to ring in the year than with an embarrassing video?  Sophia's gym class was doing a unit on "hip hop" dancing.  Her group picked a truly ridiculous dance number  on youtube.  Poor Sophie was trying to learn the moves (which were being performed by 7 year olds who were NEVER in sync)!  I'm not the best dancer, although you stick some Beyonce on and I'm the biggest dance idiot on the planet!  Am I good? No... but at least my heart is in it--ha!  Anyway she asked me to help and so we broke it down, simplified it and added some other moves.  She was so pleased with the product that she wanted me to film her (and then she insisted I dance with her) so she could email the dance to her group so they could learn it.  YEAH for daughters who trust their Moms to help them with hip hop!  And YEAH for Moms who will embarrass themselves in front of 13 year old and now the internet!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

are you freaking kidding me?! HOT! it's such a shame you were sick. and adri was ready to pop... because we could have made some sweet videos... next time my friend. next time :)

Brooke said...

Tell Sophie to start coming up with our music and moves!

katherine said...

Yes dance moves for Canada 2013 cousins reunions???!!! How does that sound eh?

MOMJ said...

Really cute!