Monday, January 14, 2013

Arizona

We were fortunate enough to go to Arizona for three weeks this Christmas.  We enjoyed ourselves immensely--even though I was pretty dang sick the whole time (another story).  Anyway we spent a few days at my sister Adriane's abode in Camp Verde.  Adriane was a week late having her baby and we were trying sooo hard to make that baby come.  Attempt #1 in Operation "Deliver that Baby" we decided to let Preggers take us for a nice long walk.  Cousin Brooke, Mom Wilkins, Luke, and Mom Smith were on hand to join us for our hike in Sedona.  Cuzzie Brooke was good enough to take some nice snapshots of the fam.  Thanks cuz!
*side note and undocumented in photos is attempt #2 to get the baby out--Brooke brought Latin dance/Zumba videos for us all to do.  Poor Adriane danced her booty off and still no baby!

Derek loved to climb the rocks in Sedona.  We'd blink and he'd be half way up the rock formations.  Mom Smith, the kids, and I tried to keep up with him.  Poor Luke saw us at the top of the rocks and he thought we had left him behind.  So when we met up again he was anxious to be in all of the pictures--love that crazy kid :)
Here we are trying to make Luke feel better.

My cute boys!

Kids posed themselves and insisted Brooke climb back up to take this shot.  Not only is Brooke so much fun but she's a good sport too!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

:)

The smile says it all!

Except I will add... I miss you guys!

WendyJ said...

I hope her baby came after all that work. Glad you got to be somewhere warm for the break. You seriously don't age girl.

katherine said...

Wendy--you're an ageless wonder yourself! Adriane had her baby like 3 days after everyone left--that would've made me so upset, but she's handling it rather well I think.