Tuesday, February 01, 2011

StStylish Blogger? Who me? There must be a mistake!

Stylish? If by "stylish blog" it means I don't update my blog except for times I'm injured or sick then...
I'll TAKE IT!
I first must thank Adriane who bestowed this honor upon me. And the blogosphere culture who make up fake awards and give out fake awards to people like me, who rarely get out of their pajamas/"clean the house" clothes, who eat too many chocolates, and who probably will never grace a cover of any magazine--or dance like Beyonce (hello! did I just write that?--I did & it's true, though try as I might). I bow humbly and say "thank you".
So I guess the rules say list 7 things about yourself.
Here goes nuffing!
1. Today I went to my Zumba class even though I have a cracked rib that is healing. Usually I'm tearing up the dance floor (I don't know if that is a good thing, I might be a little too Napoleon Dynamite, but oh well). However today I had to take it easy so I was "adapting" the dance work out to fit my limited capacity. The instructor kept looking at me funny--like I was trying to disrupt the motion of the class. I felt embarrassed, but hey I paid for that class so I'm going! After a while between songs she apologized and gave a lecture on how if she pushes too hard to please do low impact she doesn't know everyone's capacity. I'm a little bit uhh.. super prideful, so in my head I was like "Hey lady I've got me some cracked ribs--take it easy!). Oh well, but then the rest of me was like--"oh, well--I'll look like a complete lame-o, who cares!"
2. I wish I could go sledding. We have all this snow and I can't enjoy it. Woe is me!
3. My favorite cookies are the cowboy cookies. You'll never spend the $$ for Great Harvest Cookies ever again. They taste the same but are seriously the easiest cookies to make ever! Look it up see for yourself!
4. My two favorite music artists right now are Alison Krauss and Brandon Flowers.
5. Once in high school I arrived at Blue Springs South early and I climbed up to the rafters in the girls bathroom. There is a concrete beam that "hypothetically" (if you really wanted to), you could walk the whole length of the school and spy on people if you just move the removeable ceiling panels. I'm just saying you could do this, as for myself I have never done such a thing.
6. My kids and I watched all of the Alf series before Christmas. It was their reward, we could get them to do anything if we promised they could watch an Alf episode.
7. And lastly while I tend to have a love for British tv shows, which seem to be very classy and well constructed, I also have a love for other things such as this :

CLASSY I know!

Ok so there's 7 things about me I now bestow this honor on:
1.Elizabeth
2.Wendy
3. Jenny
4.Heather
5. Jessica
6.Michelle
7.Sheena

2 comments:

WendyJ said...

You are so funny and real. I love it! I so wish we were neighbors. You would LOVE Seattle. You must be talking about that other Wendy, right?

Adriane said...

Hehehe!!! I soooo needed a good Samoan laugh!

BTW, Mom told me about your rib (although I think she thought it was your back)...hope you're okay. Take it easy in the meantime :)

Oooh, and one last thing, I went to a Zumba class with Teddy last week right here in CV. It was da bomb! Yeah! Finally, Zumba has come to my po-dunk town!!