Friday, September 04, 2009

Sun-soaked and Sand-blasted

Taking a camping vacation to Assateague Island was wonderful. We enjoyed camping just a short distance from the beach.

The girls all woke up early to watch the sun come up over the pounding waves.

T-boy enjoyed the beach and had so much sand covering him all the time that I gave in and let him roll in the sand to his hearts content.


The hurricanes provided for some pretty awesome waves. The likes of which I have never seen before. I thought the girls were going to get swept away. But of course they are part jelly-fish and kept popping up. Me on the other had miscalculated the waves and basically belly flopped on the scratchy sand.

The bathrooms in Ocean City are pretty lame. The ONE bathroom said "no changing allowed" of course I had the girls break the rules to change--L and X were totally fine with it, but S held to her guns and refused to break the "law", so she swam red-neck style a la t-shirt and cut off jeans.




We took a little cruise to Assateague and saw all the ships that pick up oysters and fish. The breeze on the boat was nice, T-boy and Daddy enjoyed themselves.




And we all came home a little crazied out from the sun and sand. I have video proof.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that the baby is rocking out to the music too. :) Looks like fun, I'm jealous. Have a great day!!

Elizabeth said...

That video is awesome. I love the Dairy Queen spotting!
Pure thrill on your girls faces i the water. That is awesome.

WendyJ said...

Looks like a blast!

Adriane said...

Hillariousity!!!

You know, I don't know what Cristel was like as a kid, but I have a feeling X is a lot like her :)

Glad you guys had a fun time at the beach, I am so jealous right now :)

Laters!

Shannon said...

I can't believe how big your son is getting! You have a great looking family. Looks like you guys had fun! I'm glad we are finally facebook friends :)

It's Great To Be A Guidry said...

Hilarious! Look how big your babies are!!!

Jennifer said...

You said "we" were crazied out, but everyone else looks fairly sedate compared to X!! Tommy's startin to get the contagious vibe from her though! teehee! CUTEST! IS it ever cute to see him head banging . oh.my.goodness.
AND NO WAY can he be that big already! I can't believe my eyes! so gorgeous too. WOw. THey are all so beautiful.
Actually, the one I reeeeally couldn't beleive was X! I still picture her as a toddler! wasn't I off a bit! yipes!
Good to see you in there too, Bucky-D.
Great photos. Thanks for sharing!