*Sir Cries a lot getting into things he shouldn't Some things in life can wait--dishes, home projects, cleaning the car.
Some things in life can not--holding and rocking a cranky son all day. Being there for my children when they come home from school. Chatting with Derek when he comes home from work. Cooking, cleaning the same messes over and over again, making school lunches and hearing chatty kids all day long.
Even with the tediousness of chatty, loud kids I still find myself wishing there were more hours in my day, week, year.
A little voice in my head keeps reminding me that those things will soon fade away and I will be left with me--the me I crave all the time.
They will grow and I will get old and laugh at this "over burdened" phase of life, sigh and wish to have it back again.
Conclusion? Enjoy it while it lasts.
4 comments:
Amen! Although, I wish I had more time in the day to be at home. I envy you there. But I have totally felt that way too. Your son is so cute! I love your fireplace too :)
I know how you feel! I think these are some of the best years of being a mom, but also the MOST STRESSFUL for sure! We should get together the next time you come to the promised land...I mean Missouri. :) :)
i hope my babies are half as cute as little tom tom
I 2nd the Amen!! I am SO with you on this! I have almost posted this identical entry on my blog (minus teh awesomely cute baby video) any numberof days in the last couple months. everything- right down to the constant self-reminders whenever you start to get flustered or burnt-out feeling - the day is soon coming that I will miss this time desperately- so stop thinking about the headache the cries are giving you, and instead lok down at the pudgy thigh, soft foot, downy hair, and enjoy that instead. I get through and end up enjoying every day with this simple re-focussing exercise. that sounds like I got it from a book or something, but it is just sense, perspective, and cultivating a heart of gratitude.
I'm excited to hear another mother, esp you! Talk in the same terms as I feel.
hugs and smiles, my Dear ol' Bucky D.
Post a Comment