Friday was my Birthday. I should've known that special days have a tendency to start off rocky. So I should've seen the Friday morning breakdown coming. S was having trouble with homework which she failed to mention was still unfinished and then refused to go to school with out it done.After tears, howling, and moaning I made the executive decision to save my sanity and Birthday and let the kids play hooky with me and do some fun B-day stuff. Rundown:
9 am-end of melt down/executive decision made
12 pm-finished chores and head out for the day
1 pm-Dad called to send B-day wishes thanks Dad:) We got to the mall, ate yummy mall food, rode the carousel, and let the kids play at the kiddie area (even though the mall Moms made disgusted faces at my "too old" kids playing in the kiddie area)--I just stared them down and let my kids play, my kids are harmless and very gentle with the toddlers, so I wasn't afraid. By the time I left the Mall Moms didn't seem to notice my gigantic kids playing on the plastic fruit.
3pm-head to Costco pick up dinner for kids and some pictures
cross the street to Trader Joes for my birthday pie (strawberry rhubarb-yum!) and B-day flowers.
4pm-get home and clean it up before Grandma, Auntie Emms and Auntie Hanners arrive.
5:30pm-the MOST fantastic dinner I've ever had at the Catonsville Gourmet.

where deliciousness is made mmmm....
then listened to Adri on voice mail sing me Happy B-day and Mom's B-day message!--Love ya!
So in the end, after all the drama this B-day was pretty darn good.
9 am-end of melt down/executive decision made
12 pm-finished chores and head out for the day
1 pm-Dad called to send B-day wishes thanks Dad:) We got to the mall, ate yummy mall food, rode the carousel, and let the kids play at the kiddie area (even though the mall Moms made disgusted faces at my "too old" kids playing in the kiddie area)--I just stared them down and let my kids play, my kids are harmless and very gentle with the toddlers, so I wasn't afraid. By the time I left the Mall Moms didn't seem to notice my gigantic kids playing on the plastic fruit.
3pm-head to Costco pick up dinner for kids and some pictures
cross the street to Trader Joes for my birthday pie (strawberry rhubarb-yum!) and B-day flowers.
4pm-get home and clean it up before Grandma, Auntie Emms and Auntie Hanners arrive.
5:30pm-the MOST fantastic dinner I've ever had at the Catonsville Gourmet.

where deliciousness is made mmmm....
7pm-home and take the kiddos and Grandma and Aunties to an outdoor interactive Sound of Music showing at the creepy, yet cool Patapsco Female Institute.
We won door prizes, had free movie treats, and got to see people dressed up in lederhosen and habits. It was fantastic, I forget how much I enjoy that movie.
then listened to Adri on voice mail sing me Happy B-day and Mom's B-day message!--Love ya!
So in the end, after all the drama this B-day was pretty darn good.
3 comments:
glad you got the message :)
hey that creepy place looks like fun...put it on the do to list for when I eventually make it out to Maryland....
I am glad you had a good birthday! I will bring you a late present when I come to D.C. next month. I am excited to see you!
It's been a while since i've checked your blog...well, any blogs for that matter (starting last wk, i've been catching up), and i love reading the way you put things! both you and adrianne are so expressive in your writing. you even make housecleaning sound poetic. but you've always been so creative & artistic. in fact, my first exposure to emily dickinson was in your bedroom with the poems you had posted around your room. anyways, i can't believe how big your fam is getting. there's a few in there i've never met i think. well, i'm talking to much...but keep on blogging cousin! i luv it.
Post a Comment