Sunday, April 05, 2009

Things I Never Posted Part III

I love Christmas time in Washington D.C. I was a little sad to not be so close to the temple this year (as we have moved to the Baltimore metro area). However Derek surprised my by signing us up to be Mary and Joseph at the DC Visitor Center. It was a fun experience, very spiritual. The story meant a whole lot more to me when I was on stage reenacting the nativity. On a side note, Derek had the weirdest fake beard and mustache combo. When our kids came to see us we heard them laughing hysterically blurting out loudly, "Look at Dad's fake beard---ah,hahaha!".

3 comments:

Adriane said...

I guess that alleged Jewish blood in D's family came in handy, eh?

Anyways, I thought your look was a little more convincingly Semitic...D seems to look a little like Pavarotti (minus about 100 lbs of course).

Yeah, anywayzzz, that looks like it was a great experience. Wish I could have seen it too!

Laters!

Adri

WendyJ said...

Too funny! I was just thinking about our time with your family last year too. You have such wonderful daughters, I'm sure Tommy is wonderful too, but he was in utero the last time I saw him.

When did you move?

Mark & Rachel said...

Oh my gosh! We filled in for the Fordhams and the beard Mark was wearing was gross :-)