
Dear Adriane,
Your Blog is hilarity in itself (you witty English major, you). There are some life gems I'd like to pass down to you in response to topics covered over there at YoAdriane.
Let me have a crack-a-lack at it.
1.
For all your Primary woes refer to the movie Matilda. Laugh your head off, then go to lds.org for some real Primary advice.
For all your Primary woes refer to the movie Matilda. Laugh your head off, then go to lds.org for some real Primary advice.2.
P&P (BBC mini version) is the best. Too many people like the Kiera "skeletor" Knightley version. Please don't ever go to the dark side sis!
P&P (BBC mini version) is the best. Too many people like the Kiera "skeletor" Knightley version. Please don't ever go to the dark side sis!4.
You are an Anglophile, just admit it. Do you talk to yourself in an English accent? Do you secretly wish you could have a cottage, a garden, an awesomely witty tongue and a friend named Gandalf? Mmmhmm I knew it.
You are an Anglophile, just admit it. Do you talk to yourself in an English accent? Do you secretly wish you could have a cottage, a garden, an awesomely witty tongue and a friend named Gandalf? Mmmhmm I knew it.5. Dirty dishes. Hate them. Get a maid. Where does that take you in your analogy? Just a thought.
6. When you are day dreaming what presents to give people if you had a million dollars, get me new energy saver windows and a truck load of Lindt chocolates. Thanx
7. I have two words for your Retro Pad. "embrace it" Unless the carpets stink cause they're too old. If that's the case then buy an area rug.
8. Back to Primary--kids like to be caught doing something (it gives them attention even if it is negative). So instead of getting after the kids who are acting up reward the kids who are reverent (make the loud ones jealous). Let the good kids be "caught being reverent". S's primary in Utah used this tactic and it worked so well S still wants to implement it during our FHEs. You basically have a basket of goodies (candy/cheap toys). Print "Caught being reverent" on paper and hand them out during Primary to the quiet ones. Let them cash it in at the end--everyone with a ticket gets to pick out of the basket and let the incentive work it's magic. Besides this way lets you avoid using Trunchbowl tactics.
9.
Never ask me for "how to get skinny advice" I have none! All I have to offer is how to gain weight and to please feed me chocolate.
Never ask me for "how to get skinny advice" I have none! All I have to offer is how to gain weight and to please feed me chocolate.10.
We need to end up living close to one another. ***With our forces combined....... (Think wonder twins--I turn into the animal, you, the water substance ok?!) Let's strategize shall we?
We need to end up living close to one another. ***With our forces combined....... (Think wonder twins--I turn into the animal, you, the water substance ok?!) Let's strategize shall we?Miss you!
Luvs ya,
Bucky

5 comments:
OOh I am going to watch Northanger Abby right now. I love that story. I am an AbFab fan too. SO glad you are blogging again!
We should have Leah and Leina be pen pals! Email me your address.
Thanks for the words of wisdom sister. I have be feeling a litle un-important these days, but your post has renewed my self-centered Adri-ness to its former glory (well at least for today :)
Oh, and thanks for proving (once again) that this English major can never be out-witted by the real slim-shade-y...here's to you Bucksta!
One more thing. I have started Northanger Abbey. I watched about 2 minutes on YouTube a few weeks ago, but I exercised some self-control and made myself wait until I finished the book. Maybe this will be the first Jane Austen novel that I don't have any preconceived notions about what the characters look like? But then again, you know me too well, I have NO patience for waiting. I will probably succumb to watching the movie first and ruin my imagination. Oh well!
I miss you Bucky!! When life settles down, call me sometime :)
Adri
Post-edit:
I should probably avoid advertising the fact that I am an English major...I seem to have lots of grammatical challenges.
Corrections
"I have BEEN feeling..." (not "be")
"Slim Shady" (not "shade-y"...where did I come up with that?!); also, by the use of this term, I mean that you are the real deal...not that you are MY alter ego. Clear as mud?
"I have started TO READ Nothanger Abbey..." (don't let the context confuse you and let you think that I have started to watch the movie :)
Bucky! I was actually cleaning up my desk this morning and found your Christmas newsletter from probably three years ago and thought I'd see if your blogspot was still working -- and it was!!! This was so awesome to read about you and your fun family. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. We miss you guys. Thanks for the wonderful blog! I love it.
Post a Comment