Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I Was Punk'd . . .


Punctured that is. I guess when I received my epidural the anethesiologist pushed the needle too far and punctured the spinal membrane (gross I know). So from the day I came home from the hospital (friday afternoon) to the following Monday I was on my back, because the moment I sat up I had a massive headache (caused from the spinal fluid slowly dripping out of the puncture and causing the pressure to become low and thus causing headaches--double gross). So Monday I went back for another epidural, except this time for them to inject blood around the puncture spot to clot up the puncture so the membrane can heal and my fluid could be balanced once again.
Oh yeah and I was supposed to stay in bedrest for 24 hrs. and not lift anything heavy and not over exert my self, so on and so forth, so the clot doesn't come apart. How is a lady with 4 kids supposed to do that? Hmm... Anyways I was so bored with doing nothing since I came home and being on my back for so long, that since I could walk around without headaches I decided to go grocery shopping, while baby slept. So off I went and I get to Safeway just as this cart is speeding towards a parked car so I don't know what I was thinking, I put the car in park and jumped out of the car and ran and stopped the cart. But ohhhh....what did I do to my body? My mind might think I am part superhero, but my body is like whoa girl I've been put through the ringer....s..l..o..w... down!
So after grocery shopping I was so paranoid I messed up the clot around my spine that I decided to just lay down and be totally lame and bored, cause the LAST thing I want to do is get a THIRD epidural!!! If I have another baby I've decided au natural is for me--no more needles in my spine (I'm a little sad about this cause I LOVED my epidural--oh well).



Ok so back to my cute baby. He is really a joy. All of the craziness is totally worth it. Look at this cute guy. We all adore him. He's our little celebrity. My girls can't get enough of him and they fight over who gets to help change diapers and help grab things while I bathe him, and they fight over who will hold him, and who will sing to him.




And I am usually the scary body guard that growls at them to stand back and let him have his space. Or say things like, "Baby doesn't want you to touch him, move back!" What his universe is going to be like is a little scary for me to think about, hopefully the hype will die out and he'll fit in with out so much fuss.


Also thanks for all the wonderful congrats, it totally makes my day.




10 comments:

Unknown said...

XELA WARRIOR PRINCESS!!!

WendyJ said...

My friend had that happen to her. Hope your headache went away. I had a spinal with #4. LOVED it. They didn't have time to give the epidural.

Anyway, Tommy is so cute. It's easy to understand why the girls are so eager to help out. Congrats again!!!!

Brooke said...

Okay supermom! Crazy women! I would die if that happened to me, because I LOVE my epidurals.

Good thing I am not around, because I would be all over Tommy too. He is one handsome boy. How fun to say Bucky has a boy!!

Enjoy the help while you get it, because we know it won't last forever!

moranews said...

What a beautiful family! Congrats again! Take it easy from trying to save the world! You are going to need all the energy to chase after 4 kids!

Elizabeth said...

Oh I wish I could take your girls so you really could lay flat on your back. I am so sorry that happened.

Tommy is adorable!

Shannon said...

That's crap about your spinal tap. That Bebe is sooooo cute. Lucky you to have three girls to help.

Shannon said...

Bucky, I am so sorry about all that pain! That just makes me hurt thinking about it but I am glad you are doing alright!

Jennifer said...

hello love muffin. thanks for your comment!
I was punkd too, when they were doing diagnostics trying to figure out what was wrong with me, and since no one bothered telling me about the lying down trick, I got to enjoy the insane week long headache too. I'm sorry you had to have that poop! those stinkers...

Tommy is sooo sweet.. I want to hold him! Get in line, I know..
soo happy for you that everyone is home safe and healthy and integrating. That's awesome.

I always wanted to be at that beach, but have no car and no volunteers.. thats the story for most of my life, so i spend a lot of my life within my house trying not to go too shack happy. Just this summer I gave up laying down and taking it, and became more demonstrative, for which there has been backlash, but it has been worth it to me. I have to have something else in my world than my kitchen sink!

Reisner's said...

well congrats on the sweet little boy! thats good your girls want to help you change diapers because last time I saw you, you were saying you wanted to wait to have another one for a while cuz you were sick of changing diapers. and what a service you did for someone's car. I don't know if I would have been as caring as you.

julie said...

that epidural stuff is scary -- i have always worried about something like that happening. so sorry you have had to endure it. but look at the cool present you got for it -- what an adorable little boy! how wonderful. isn't it great to have number 4 come along and have the other 3 fall totally, madly in love? that has been one of the sweetest things in our lives with joseph. congratulations on your beautiful son.