Right now as I am typing I am witnessing the cutest and funniest sight on the face of the planet. S got an American Idol dance game with echo microphone for her birthday. The music sounds like atari meteroids music and your supposed to dance to it. X is doing the running in place dance (flashdance style) while singing, "And you can't get my baby! And you can't get my babeeeey! And you can't get my hearrrrrrrrrrt! You can't kiss the dog on his wwwwwiiiipppps (lips)!!!!!!"

Also last night some of the Relief Society sisters took a break from adulthood and went on a time warp back to the 1980's. As you can see we turned up in many forms. There was:

Jane Fonda
and...

Jane Fonda with her pal "Cindi" the Navajo Madonna
and...

a real athletic 80's chic with big hair and coordinating sweat bands (she's a trouble maker that one is), next to her is our totally gnarly Relief Society president. She brought her red neck husband.......

we all admired his mullet and rad basketball moves.

And looksy at that some how I time warped into a Star Wars Geek circa 1984. Nice, someone please take the light saber away from me before I poke some one's eye out.
After a fun evening of dodge ball and various video taped skits (watch out you tube!), we all time warped back to 2008 and I woke up this morning wondering what on earth did I do last night!
Good times!
8 comments:
Ha! Lots of laughs with this post. Bucky I miss being around you and your family. . . so much fun!
Love the 80's flash back! How did dodgeball go? We know how skilled you are at volleyball, so I am curious!!!
my dodgeball skills are lacking a bit too, I think I need better aim and a hair-do that lets me have better peripheral vision. Lots of fun though.
You look so great. A pregnant Leia!
Oh my, Katherine...did you see that one episode of American Idol where the girl had those fake buns in her hair and dressed up as Princess Leia? That totally reminded me of that. Well, that coupled with your daughter singing to AI. You guys are hilarious! Check out the episode of you get a chance. Hope you kicked some toosh playing dodgeball with the light saber!
Oh my, Katherine...did you see that one episode of American Idol where the girl had those fake buns in her hair and dressed up as Princess Leia? That totally reminded me of that. Well, that coupled with your daughter singing to AI. You guys are hilarious! Check out the episode of you get a chance. Hope you kicked some toosh playing dodgeball with the light saber!
too funny! this made me laugh outloud! i love the description of X's singing -- i bet that was hilarious. and the 80s night photos are awesome, especially you, princess leia!
ok, you have the best ward ever! that was amazing!
Muhahaha, Katherine that is great! Oh, by the way this is Meredith Lam(Dana's sis.). Cool blog you guys have! Okay, if you don't mind I want to add you guys to our friend's list. I love reading people's blogs it's the best way to keep in contact. Your family is beautiful, can't wait to see more posts! Love ya, Mer, Rett, and Kainoa (The Lam Ohana) :o)
PS here is our blog address:
http://thelamfam.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment