Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Good Bye 2007! I Don't Think I'll Miss You.



2007 was a year of crazy change for our family. We moved to Tulsa Oklahoma in 2005 and settled in so nicely for being there for such a short period of time. Then in January last year we up and moved to Washington D.C. From the get go it was hard. Derek was having issues with the job he was supposed to have, we were living with in laws, my kids started a new school (and very swanky school at that--it kind of shocked us). I think it is safe to say that for the first 4 months Derek and I and the kids wondered when we would ever return to real life. Then as spring always does life seemed to be rejuvenated. Derek's job was secured, the girls were counting down the days when school would end. I even occupied my time by teaching an after school Hula Club (which was so rewarding and fun!). But by summer we struggled to find a place of our own closer to Derek's work and all this was complicated by his family trying to find a house to buy too. So in the end his parents bought a house and we are renting their old house and crossing our fingers we'll find our own home closer to Baltimore.

I guess there are still residual feelings of 2007 leaking over to the beginnings of 2008, but I'm feeling optimistic again. I'm feeling like this year is gonna be great--at least it has to be better than last year right?!

So here are a few of my goals for the upcoming year:

1. Attend the temple at least once a month.

2. Organize, organize, organize! I need to find my "groove" again when it comes to family schedules and home maintenance.

3. Return to the blogosphere. I've been gone for most of last year, due partly to the crummy time I was having, but I'm gonna try harder to post about the "good" things in life and get my focus back on all that is postive.

4. Get a house, before I have baby number four. Yikes--how many of you all new about that?!
5. Get a memory card for my new camera so I can post pictures again yeah!

5 comments:

moranews said...

Congrats, Katherine! Wow, you will be one busy woman (busier than you already are)! Starting the year with a house without in-laws is already a GREAT start to 2008! So are we ever going to see each other in 2008? Let me know when you are free.

Jessica said...

i'm so sorry this past year was so tough for you. i just really think that 2008 is going to be a great year, too!

congrats on the new baby, that is so exciting. do you know what you're having yet? i love your goal to organize this year. i totally need to work on that!

katherine said...

Thanks for the encouragment Jessica and Vi--it's exciting--Even S was saying how when she's 11 (in two years) she'll be able to babysit for me--yikes! Time flies! Vi my schedule is opening up but my morning sickness hasn't let up yet. WHENEVER you go to the temple call me I'm close by. I'll email my number to you.

Rebekah said...

New baby?! That's so exciting! It's going to be adorable, no doubt.

Good luck finding a house. I can't imagine how stressful that would be, but exciting at the same time to put down permanent roots.

Elizabeth said...

I am so glad you will be back here. I miss you! Moving and starting new jobs and new schools are so stressful. I am sure this year will be much calmer. I need to organize too!