Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Just a Thought

Here's a little Family update.

Summer so far has consisted of:

X dancing outside in ballerina outfits, princess outfits, her undies, her birthday suit, and her swim suit. I thought I'd keep my blog G rated--She's a cute ballerina isn't she?

X playing with the camera non-stop, she and I take many shots like this.....

And like this. She usually tells me to act like a doggy. Note the fingernails--those are the result of X's nail polish expertise.


Catching frogs. L's favorite thing to do this summer is go to the state park and catch miniature frogs. She usually stows them away in her water bottle. Perhaps you can make out this one floating in the water.



Many sister moments. Here they are flashing the peace sign. Which is kinda funny cause I think they do that mostly because they've been watching Japanese anime with their Aunty Hanna lately.


We had a pretty stylish fourth. At least as stylin as I can be seeing how I'm a little bit fashion challenged. I thought they looked cute though.


L chose those sunglasses her self and even for X. I think she's proud of her find.

Derek looking as handsome as ever. We've been doing quite a bit of paddle boating and row boating at the state park as well.


Here I am doing some paddle boat loungin.



X enjoys a little snack on her paddle rides. Note the glasses her older sis picked out for her. Completely cool.


The whole clan joined in on the paddle boating during the fourth of July. Grandma enjoyed feeding the very hungry and agressive geese (can you see them starting to swarm them?).



The high schoolers and college kids came along too. This is right before Derek and I (remember we are older and wiser) plastered them with our hidden super soaker stash. It was like Pirates of the Carribean, except on paddle boats and instead of cannons--the well stowed away super soakers. So sad we were too busy getting them drenched to take pictures, they would've been classic. We did give them a couple of super soakers and after a while and they got their revenge pretty well I'd say.



We've also been hangin out at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Va. However the camera seemed to die at this point and my last picture was typical X sticking her tongue out. Ahh.....summer gotta love it!












7 comments:

Brooke said...

What a summer! Your girls are beautiful, growing up so fast. My summer has been packing and now unpacking. We are in TX now. Lindsey is out that way, well in Connecticut now. Love ya, Brooke

Jessica said...

i love your girls because they have so much personality. i wish we lived closer, because i think your family is so FUN.

Elizabeth said...

I am glad you are back to post about so much fun. I guess X has taken over L's neighborhood ballerina position. Missing all of you.

Unknown said...

paddle boating looks like so much fun with your family!

donna said...

What fun summer pictures :) You have such a cute family !!!!

Rebekah said...

I've always wanted to go on a paddling boat.

The girls looked really cute for the Fourth. I loved the sunglasses!

Elizabeth said...

Hey Bucky, Kristi is having her sign up for Pink Christmas right now. Go sign up!