Tuesday, June 05, 2007

SPT--What are your "True Colors"?

What are your true colors?
Ok anyone who knows me knows I LOVE color. Hello when I went to England for the Summer my big find was a pair of red jeans? I know, it's a little, odd--but hey so am I so what ever. I really thought that I would be putting red down today, but I took a good look at all my pictures and the color I saw most of in my house (I might add on the things that I hand painted) tends to be of the green variety. I do love green, I just didn't realize that I gravitate towards it as much as I do.

In Tulsa the budget was tight so the dresser in back, which I found by the trash can was promptly painted green and used as our entertainment center, notice other green accents.


I loved my place in Provo. Look at the blind I painted green and in the right corner a thrift store find I painted green--oh and green filing boxes.

Ok the armoire is what you get a tiny glimpse of and I painted that a mixture of green colors as I ran out of my trusty green paint and started mixing in my various shades of green acrylic paint into the green latex paint I had. On a side note that was L's favorite bird/friend for the two years we had him--sadly a neighbor girl opened our window when the bird was out of his cage and he flew away :( We like to think he is in the lush, green amazon living the good life with his other bird friends :)

13 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I would have thought green also.:) You have such a knack with making a curbside drop into something dazzling.

Unknown said...

awesome green stuff!! can you come and paint some roadside finds with me too??

donna said...

I love green as well Great color. You found some great finds in Tulsa.



Love your pictures :)

Messimoo said...

I LOVE green. All shades and variety. I have ever since I was little and continue to do so.

Messimoo said...

p.s. I'm very impressed with your artistic abilities!

Michelle Alley said...

Love the color green too! Sorry about your bird. What a great trash find and good news you painted it green. Great pics.

chloe said...

I love your pictures (on the whole blog)...and I obviously I'm a fan of your favorite!

Elizabeth said...

Hey Bucky, Can you email me your street address so I can send you a cookbook.:)

Lisa said...

Saw your post on my blog and had to come over to say "hi". What great finds. I'm always intrigued by people who can turn their finds into something amazing!

Barb said...

I love color and neutrals alike, but somehow to me green is both! Goes with anything, brightens up anything!

kelly said...

i love green & i love all your "recycled pieces."

Michelle said...

Hello! I am your swap partner for the favorite things swap and so I thought I would come over and "meet" you. Looks like we have a lot in common. I love color too, I personally believe that green is a neutral as it occurs in nature. I also lived in Provo(fellow cougar?) And I have a hawaiian ring also, although mine has my name in hawaiian and plumerias engraved and no diamond. So nice to meet you and I plan to send off your package in a day or two, I am a little early I know but I am getting ready to move at the end of the month.

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog sure makes me miss you and your creativity. Sometimes i get so caught up in the mundane things in life i forget to have fun. Your girls sure are lucky to have you as a mom!