
Ok, ok I really don't have anything SUPER interesting going on right now. The weather is changing. THere is that smell of coal in the air, and there is a splash of pumpkins everywhere you turn.
Yet right now, I don't know if I'd say I am in a content frame of mind. I mean I have things that I enjoy--spending time with my family, dance class, the occassional party but I am just getting ansy. Maybe it's because Derek has been bringing home graduation papers, attire, the whole works. I'm in that uncomfortable pre-change place. I don't know how to explain it. I know anyone who has lived in Provo knows what I mean.
I know the enevitable will come, we'll pack up our things and move to a new place. I guess there are some knots inside my stomach for a mid-school-year change. I'm worried about my kids adjusting to a new school. I'm worried about finding housing, I'm worried about if I'm going to meet new potential friends, I'm worried about moving to a bigger city.
I haven't been admitting this to anyone, but it must be in the back of my mind because I keep getting distracted from house work, schedules, etc. I find it's usually times like these that I need to sit down in whatever mess I've been neglecting and just find my thoughts and come to grips with whatever is on my mind.
It's weird because we've only been here for a year and a half and there is so much I will miss. There are so many people I will miss. I hate to admit that I was a little sad to move to Tulsa because I was really looking forward to living in Rochester, NY. It looked like a beautiful city, I new someone from there and their mom kept calling me, making me feel welcomed and making me excited to move there. Plus I was excited that an old friend from Missouri lived there, I was excited to reconnect and get to know her again.
Then our plans changed and we decided to move to Tulsa. Which really was the best decision, yet I was more excited to be four hours away from my Mom and my brothers than the actual place itself.
But I underestimated this place--to someone who has a real young-party-type-active life Tulsa may not be so much fun. But for a family-it's really great. There are the nicest people here. There is that sweet "southern" hospitality where ever you go. The grocery store, the park, just everywhere. I'll be sad to leave that and go out east where you hardly make eye contact with people walking right past you.
FLashback--happy memory of Tulsa
**THis one's for Miss J. Fryer--I'll really miss our walks around LaFortune even though we haven't walked for sometime--And the people we saw walking that I'll really miss are as follows:
-Man with dog, wearing dog's scarf (probably to go with his booty shorts ha!)
-Tom Hanks
-Group of really fast chubby women who always lapped us (probably my fault I know I was the handicap)
-Group of really old men who'd lap us (my fault again)
-laughing at the spandex pants the old men wore & and especially missing at us laughing at their flat bottoms once they did lap us.
-just laughing-we'd start laughing and never stop it seemed
It's some how a relief to blog--why? I don't know. Maybe it's like talking to a friend on the phone--it's just you don't know which one is on the receiving end.
Well I'm out of that low, unmotivated place. It's amazing what conjuring up images of old men in spandex will do to you. I'm off to clean--gonna play some tunes to keep me feeling good.
Ciao!
4 comments:
Ha! I guess I'd better botox cause where I'm going beauty doesn't look as sleep deprived and as rund down as I look! J/K Thanks for all of your friendship, it made the last spring so much fun! Maybe I'll come to school and pretend to kidnap you in front of your class--just to give them a scare for Halloween!
GRRR! I just wrote this big long comment and then it decided I wasn't signed in anymore and ditched it... *sigh* take 2!
HEY Bucky, :P I so know how you are feeling. It is funny how the cycles go, I'm in a slump right now too. Reminiscing is good, but if you find it is having a depressive rather than nostalgic effect on you, try thinking about what adventures await! Unknown wonders, tastes, smells, surprises, special beauties and sites, new people to amaze you in new ways!
It is an excercise in optimism. I KNOW you can do it! (now if I would only apply it myself!)
Moving just gets harder on you as your family grows doesn't it. Will this next move be pretty permanent? Are you going to live in Maryland? Have you looked for jobs here :) ? Good luck with wrapping things up.
We are looking for jobs out east. THis next move will be permanent (knock on wood)!! We actually did have a job opportunity in Hawaii, isn't that crazy. I'll have to email you about that. But I can't wait to settle down. I'm too old :)and have too many responsibilities for the student life--at least that is how I feel!
Post a Comment