Monday, August 28, 2006

A little rest is what's best!


The school year just begun and I'm trying to find my rhthym again. The two oldest are in school all day which really frees up my days. I've started to go on outings again. By outings I mean a relaxed, I'm-in-NO-rush type of outing. What a contrast to the past few years when I had one kid in this school and another in this pre-K across town.

I've found out a few funny things about my littlest one now that I have all this free time.


She loves rocks! Actually love doesn't even describe it. She's obsessed with rocks, is that normal? We went to the zoo (as I said tons of free time) and I decided to check out the butterfly exhibit where the butterflies fly all around you. I was worried X would try to catch one and touch a wing. However, this was NOT the problem. ex. a beautiful, large, velvety clubtail flies and lands right in front of us on a bush. I turn to X, point and say, "Look at that beautiful butterfly!" X makes the most animated surprised expression and says, "Ohhh...Wow....a wock!" and picks up a large, normal looking grey rock laying in the dirt directly under the bush the fantastic looking butterfly is hovering on.




Now fish on the otherhand X definitely loves! We went to the aquarium (free time is great!). She ran from tank to tank doing her signature squeal, "WOW!" She loves fish. She'll sit and look at them floating back and forth. Quite frankly I was getting a little bored but you know I was in no rush so we sat for however long satisfied the little squirt and went to the next display






Here's the cool fish I really liked. Look at those lips--eeekk! He's like the Casa Nova of the fish tank for sure!

Ok. So one last and final thing I realized. I always thought X did silly things, because she was following her older sister's example. As you can see below. . .





Just a typical morning at breakfast time. Girls laughing at each other--their cereal getting soggy, and THIS is what they are laughing at ( I thought it was pretty funny too). X would have done this also except she couldn't figure out how to get the raisin to stick to her tooth.





Well a few days later, I was totally dismayed when I went to the kitchen and X was in the fridge with the yogurt opened. She turns her head and this is what I see. I laughed so hard that she gained some confidence with what she must have done so she ran to her sister's room roaring like a lion trying to make them laugh and they were in hysterics and they loved her moustache. So she is silly by her own accord. Interesting, very interesting. . .

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Cute X, she is getting so big. Isn't it great to have one on one time with the little one?

Jessica said...

hey, what happened to you your rested face picture? i thought that was so funny. i'm glad you're able to go a little slower with just one at home. i can't wait!

katherine said...

Hey Jessica! Yeah about that picture--everytime I checked my blog it made me cringe (I know it's soo vain of me!)--I did write that post really late at night-it was all funny then and then next time I checked it I was like--WHAT was I thinking!!. Anyways I tried to get my husband's advice about the pict and he kept saying it's fine--which of course made me think he was being nice. I thought I took it off before many people saw it--oh well maybe I'll put it back on to make me less vain ha!. Ok writing this makes me even MORE embarrassed!