Wednesday, January 26, 2011

To Sophia, My Twelve Year Old.


Dearest, You gave me my first breath as Mother.
The years have rolled on and there you stand a
glimmer in my eye, a strong young woman.

I could never have guessed your character as a baby, still small and delicate.
How honored I am to have a daughter that has grown to be so capable, honest, and good natured.


You were a little angel sent to me from above.
Helping your Mother throughout these years
of constant strain and change.
You know how to do so many things and you have so many talents.

Though, your sisters and brother are still small I hope and pray that they will be
as strong, courageous, and true as their
Big Sister.

Happy Birthday, I love you very much my dear, sweet, and perfect Sophia.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So sweet! Happy birthday form Leina too!

Jessica said...

wow! 12 -- that is so hard to believe. for me, everyone is frozen in whatever age they were when i last saw them. i hope she has a happy day. :)

Brooke said...

I am still scared of running. I try not to be. Maybe I need a good running partner.

plainjane said...

that was so beautiful Bucky....

and it is true....

and you are the same kind of daughter...nothing but goodness and I have been so lucky to have you in my life...love, MOM

Adriane said...

Oh I can't believe Soph's is 12?! Wow! I can remember when she was a few weeks old and I came out to P-town to help you out (gosh, I think I was about Soph's age?)...how little she was then...and how time flys!

Sweet words for a truly special and wonderful young woman.