The Family Reunion began at the Willard, Mo. Independence Day Parade. Flint loves parades and I think this picture by Michelle captures the moment beautifully. We were able to reconnect with our extended Lavard Wilkins cousins this night. It's crazy to see all the cousins my age with their own little children running around, it was crazy yet comforting to know that I am in the same place in life as so many in my family.
The Darwin and Rosalie Wilkins Reunion started off with a bang! We feasted upon fireworks the whole time we were there. For my children it brought out their inner pyro. I laughed so hard watching them blow up bottle rockets, roman candles, and many other mystery fireworks that one can only obtain in a state like Missourah.
I love this picture of Tommy and I. He is being the clingy koala bear that he always is. Uncle Roy's Farm really brought out his true colors though. He spent most of his time on the four wheelers, tractor, and in the back of the pick up truck. If not doing that then he was busy following Royce, Cody, Dallin, Ethan, and Mitchell around. I've never seen him so content hardly any whining yeah!*Photos by Sheena Riesner and Shannon Holm thanks for capturing the funny bits!
Talent night was like the Gong show meets America's got talent. Many wonderful talents shared as well as many funny ones. Ethan, Kyra and the crew entertained us with a very lively lip syncing routine to "Don't stop believing". Ethan went for an awesome air guitar solo and totally got the worst rug burn I've ever seen. However the air guitar solo was magnifique--well done Ethan!
The girls and I doing a little Tahitian. Tommy even joined in on the action! Shakey, shakey, shakey!
After the talent show the kids stayed up past midnight playing basketball and capture the flag and who knows what else. They really loved it!
Wilkins golf tournament 2010 did not disappoint. Aunt Becky brought her "A" game. Apparently so did I. Who knew I could golf? Who knew mowed lawn in a cow field makes a great golf green? Who knew Ethan names all his golf clubs Geraldo? Who knew Kelsie has a killer swing (if you don't believe me ask Ethan he had the black bruise to prove it)?
Cliff diving at Stockton Lake was soooooooo fun! I can't do it justice. I was a wimp and went off one half this size. But the kids were crazy and went off this one. Those dare devils!
We had the most wonderful Devotionals each night. I feel like we all got to reconnect with one another and realize that there are so many people who love us and wish us well in this life. How wonderful for my children to know that so many people care for them! It buoys me up and helps me remember who I am! Thanks family! I love you!
2 comments:
That was such a good family reunion! We had so much fun, and your kids have grown so much since the last time I saw you! I love how in the last pic I'm like bette middler the cleavage queen!
what an amazing experience! I'm so happy for ou to have it! YAY for family and CONNECtedness! Community!!! I can't say enough about these words!
Bless you and your little brood of dare devils and clingy bears : )
Post a Comment