I'm changing my lens. Honing in on the principles of life rather than the gravity of it.
Taking responsibility for who I am and what I stand for.
I might be gregarious, funny, frumpy, charming, dimwitted but I'll claim it.
It's just that, for the sake of science I'm wondering what effect it might be having on my offspring.
I mean "supposedly" I'm the captain of this ship we call home, you know supposed to be leading by example and all that jazz. My hope is that the piles of clothes my kids leave laying around the house isn't somehow connected to the pile of unfolded laundry in my baby's crib. I have a crazy feeling it might be.
By the looks of it my little experiment might answer a lot of questions about my parenting skills.




5 comments:
You are far from frumpy my friend, or if you are you where it well. Love this post. I need to captain my ship better for sure. So when you coming to visit!
Ha! That's the quintessential look for you guys for sure.
Nice talking to 'ya today sis. Take care!
Adri
I love those faces! How boring life would be without expression.
great post...miss you, girl.
If all goes well, they WON'T fall far from your tree!!
You are WONDERFUL!!! I love you! and I can't think of another lady I'd rather have a my mom... if I were pickin, that is... remember one of Erma Bombeck's final pearl's of wisdom - a perfectly clean house is a sign of a life mis-spent.
Live REAL life, Bucky! Which includes the humble service of cleaning, but don't let the oppressive standard imposed on women by those wishing to market them into inferiority so as to glean their happiness, and ergo their money along with it, get you down!
Listen to what GOD says and feels about you - that you are His precious daughter, his Beloved !
THAT is your identity!!!
silly, brown haired, buxom, dancer ; these are all secondary details to the TRUE essence of *who you are* - a child of God! the way others may define or categorize you is truly IRRElevant eternally!!
Feel the love!!!
Post a Comment