Wednesday, May 02, 2007

My Late Self Portrait


I was so happy to read the SPT for the week but I wasn't able to post Tuesday.

Above is a fantastic picture of my Ring. I kept trying to take a nice picture myself but it turned out blurry everytime, so I looked it up and found my ring online.
I have a Hawaiian Designed ring and I love it. I lost my original ring 6 years ago and I cried all night and had a gut wrentching feeling everytime I thought about my "lost" ring. So about 3 years after I lost it Derek surprised me with this ring. He tried to get a Hawaiian fern leaf design like my original one, but they don't make that design anymore. He was such a sweetie for taking the time to order and surprise me with a new ring. I treasure this one more than my last and I have vowed NEVER to loose this one!!

6 comments:

donna said...

What a wonderful spt. I love you ring. Have a wonderful night :)

Messimoo said...

What a beautiful ring! What a sweet husband you have!

Elizabeth said...

It is really beautiful. No more sand box digging. :) I still think some Mom as DT is going/ got a big surprise from one of her kids.

katherine said...

I think your right! It still makes me sad when I think about it. I'm just glad I have another one again!

Unknown said...

lots of stories this week about lost rings. how wonderful that you now have a new treasure!

kelly said...

what a beautiful ring & what a sweet guy for surprising you!