Here is Aunty Em and X at the Zoo yesterday. We had such a great time, except for when X fell and scraped her hand on broken bamboo shoots.Here's a little diddy for X on her b-day (since church was cancelled because of crazy snowfall!).
This month is such a special one. It's birthday time for you. We'd really like to celebrate Your happy day with you. Zip-a-dee-ay and heigh-dee-ho, Here's something we can do. We'll sing a song that we all know, Happy Birthday to YOU!
For X's birthday I decided to make her a dress (a copy of one I saw at Target). Have a looksy.


That ribbon is part of a vintage ribbon stash my Mother-in-Law has. She graciously let me use it for her birthday dress.
Here is my top ten reasons why I Love My Chubbsy Wubbsy sooo MUCH!
1. I love her pudgy little hands, feet and those chubby, chubby cheeks!
2. I love her curly hair (she's our little Shirley Temple).
3. I love all of her facial expressions, she's our goofy goober.
4. She is a gentle giant--not many three year olds are as tall as her, but she couldn't hurt a fly even if she wanted to.
5. She has never been a fussy baby--quite easy to manage.
6. She loves Rainbow Bright and I love to hear her sing, "Rainbow Bright, see the shining light..."
7. When she says prayer she has a mumblely wisper--all you can understand is "Heavenly Father" then mumble, mumble, mumble, "Amen". We hold in our laughs every time.
8. She is very easy to please. Give her a My Little Pony to play with and your set.
9. She gives the best bear hugs.
10. She loves to swim and intrigued the girls swim teacher by swimming laps with the swim team on "Bring a friend Friday".
Happy 3rd Birthday Baby Girl!
11 comments:
3rd birthday!!! who can believe she is 3 already! happy birthday, cutie!
that dress is amazing. should i just go ahead and send you my measurements now???
ha!--I don't know when that dress is going to fall apart. I've never done smocking before so it's unraveling a little, but it's pretty for now.--
I can't believe she's three myself. We still baby her as if she's one or something.
Happy 3rd to her! I didn't realize how close our little ones were in age.
The dress is darling! Love it! Good job Miss Seamstress.
Wowy! What a girl.. and I was thinking she and anna were further apart than like 2 or 3 weeks! Her birthday is Mar. 9! She will be 3 too... then the Karate Kid is due May 21. Great looking dress, and I'm impressed at your discipline to make it happen time wise... good job! X is a doll. I know she and Anna would be quick friends :).
Wish we could have dropepd by for a little merriment! Wouldn't that be fun?? Oh my goodness. oh well.
Loves, Girl! Take care- oh- and I need your new contact info!
OH! And I forgot to say hwo AWESOME your new blog look is! What an incredible header picture! GORGEOUS! and the little paisley circles are ultra cool too. *sigh* I'm not that savvy... I don't know where all my peers picked up this programming stuff and I somehow missed that. oh well.
Thanks for the well wishes for her birthday. Wish she has more three year old friends close by--I do miss my Provo days where childhood friends are always within walking distance.
Move back Katherine so we have even better neighbors. I'm impressed with the dress.
I had no idea you could sew! That dress is awesome!
Happy birthday to X, I can't believe she's 3!
That dress is amazing and she is darling in it.
I still remember her so soft skin. What a cutie!
I hope you are okay! I have missed your posts!
Post a Comment