Sunday, February 11, 2007

Finally Taking a Deep Breath


Ok it's been two weeks, since we've moved. I've been in weird, bizarro world. I don't feel like I'm settled yet, even though we're at my in-laws and their house is totally lap of luxury for me (they have the best beds EVER--I could sleep for days in them!).

Here's a few details of our road trip.
We sold our van (it wasn't working so well).
The 5 of us drove cross country with stuff in a five seater Jeep Cheerokee.
It was FREEZING everywhere we went.
I felt like I left a part of myself in Oklahoma.
I lost my camera.
I'm excited to be in Washington DC, but not able to really settle down so it's kind of a downer as well.
Those are a few of the details. Perhaps this is why I haven't blogged so much. I'm in a mind numbing mode and I'd rather read everyone else's blogs rather than put my thoughts into sentences.
But I think it will be therapeutic so I'm making myself write.
Here are some things I'm looking forward to and am grateful for.
I'm grateful for Kristi Brooke's blog http://www.everythingispink.blogspot.com/ (I don't know her but she has a great resource for any family who has recently moved to DC), because of her I've been inspired to get out of the house and check out the area more--like Lucketts
I'm looking forward to a Relief Society Day trip to Mount Vernon.
I'm looking forward to S's Baptism.
I'm grateful to my in-laws and for their laid back lifestyle and for having a totally peaceful home.
I'm happy that we were able to get here in time for the Ward's Family Valentines Dance and I was able to boogie-woogie some of my blues away(at my dignity's expense of course--What's wrong with doing the "Elaine" dance every once in a while huh?!).
I'm happy that my kids seem to love being with family and have been begging me to enroll them into school.
I'm thankful to Derek for really giving me space and understanding, as I can be an emotional roller coster when it comes to letting go and starting afresh--especially when I get that frantic, bug-eyed look which means--walk away brotha man, just walk away.


Ok so I'm feeling better. Less sad, it's good to remind myself of some positives instead trying to forget about reality.

5 comments:

julie said...

you go girl, with your elaine dancing! wish i could've seen it. this post made me miss your fun-loving spirit so much....move back in upstairs!

Elizabeth said...

I am glad you are starting to get settled.
Isn't Kristi's blog so great?
I hope you can get into the groove there soon.

Messimoo said...

I am happy you made it there safely and got to dance! Woo hoo, wish I could have seen it too!

I'm amazed by your positive outlook. Good for you, I hate change too!

Shannon said...

Katherine you are hillarious. I read your blog to get a good laugh.

katherine said...

Thanks, for keeping in touch everyone. One nice thing about blogging and moving to a new place is you always feel you still have friends.
Also, it's nice to hear from you Shannon!