Monday, November 06, 2006

Ahh..Kids, They're Great Aren't They?


Here are some highlights of my day, get ready for the good, the bad, and the bald spot.
1. Woke up to S sitting at the table doing her homework (I thought of what a good kid she is--we forgot about homework and she woke up early to finish it)--Good
2. I might be able to go visit my Mom all by myself and Adri will be coming too! yeehaw!--Good
3. While I was on the phone with my Mom, Derek cleaned up all the messes I was trying to avoid--Super Good!
4. When L and S got home they informed me that X was in her room covered in Sour Cream.--Bad
5. Then while i was trying to clean up X, L came in covered in sour cream as well.--Bad!
6. While L was doing crafts at the table she made X a hairbow out of paper, then rubber cemented it to X's hair. Found out about it too late. X will have a super huge bald spot if I don't find out HOW to get caked-on rubber cement out of her hair (Any tips will be GREATLY appreciated!)--The Bald Spot!



These two are partners in crime. Two incidents in one day--they are tiring me out! Will post a picture of the bald spot if I can bring myself to actually do it--but if I don't cut it out or get it out I'll feel bad that my kid has a big glob of "bird-poo" looking gunk on the back of her head!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Your blog looks great! That was just the funniest post. Probably because I didn't have to clean up the aftermath. Covered in sour cream, that just good stuff.

Jennifer said...

Yes! Great looking blog! I wish I knew how to do anything more than drive-thru programming.
"this skin, please... Thank you."
click, and reload. That's about it for me. I can't even cut and paste properly... at least well enough for a program to RUN... oh, I can cut and paste, just nothing runs... ANWYWAY...
DISCOURAGING!!! What is L's deal??? You meant to tell me they don't quit that after they turn 3 or something??? ah man... stink-o.
Oh well...

katherine said...

I L was going after some attention. I was taking pictures of X when L marched in covered in sour cream and laughing. It's all about attention in our house, I live with a bunch of hams!

Also...
The aftermath wasn't so hard to clean up--that is one nice thing about having a dog, he licks up food before I can even get to it. I hope sour cream is ok for a dog's digestive system!

Messimoo said...

Too funny! I love the Good, Bad after everything. I can just hear you telling it. Don't you just love the messes the make? Might not be funny at the time but more often then not, it is the day or weeks afterward!

katherine said...

That is soo true about the more time that goes by, the funnier these incidents are. Infact I have this "blog" mentality lately. So it helped me not to get angry becaue the first thing I thought of was, I NEED to take a picture of this one so I can blog about it. It's so therapeutic!

MOMJ said...

Oh! I love the cute messy faces! They are so sweet. What a nice daddy to clean up the mess! ahhh! sweet...